Thursday, December 3, 2009

And to the Post Office

Happy that the quilting is done and just the way I want it, I'm ready to do the binding:



A lot of quilters remove the excess batting and backing fabric before binding, but I don't -- I use my long ruler to draw a line on all four sides of the quilt, making sure that the corners are 90" and that all border widths are even. I then sew on the binding, aligning the raw edges of the binding with my drawn line.



All done and ready to go....




Close-up so you can see the quilting....



Closer still.....




The back....


And a close-up of the back....

Now I'm ready to hit it with some packing tape to get off all the lint caused by the batting rubbing up against the quilt during the quilting process, get it into a box and off to the post office!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...