Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quilt 'n Home -- Ridgecrest CA




During the quilt retreat in Ridgecrest last weekend, there were two shops in which to spend time and money! I reviewed the first a couple of days ago and here's the other: Quilt 'n Home, located at 425 E. Ridgecrest Blvd., and owned by Jerry & Ron Cohn. The name is derived from the fact that they carry home decorating fabrics and patterns as well as quilting fabrics and supplies.



They are also Viking sewing machine dealers....



Ron joked, "If we'd known you were going to take pictures, we would have cleaned up a bit!"











But I didn't think the store was messy, so much as just really full of good stuff!





And quilts to look at, of course....



A couple of upcoming classes: The shape and binding on the left was intriguing; the jacket below is a workshop taught by my friend, Terry Wojciehowski.




















The shop also provides long-arm quilting services to its customers...



And you have to look everywhere, even up, or you might miss something!



Seeing the table runners reminded Terry and I of one of our vast projects: We were going to do a table runner a month every single month for a year. Hey, Terry, I did February!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog and I was wondering if I could use your pictures from Quilt N Home for a fan page on facebook. Thanks! My email is sophia_doski@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I was searching this info for my uncle. He will be happy for such a great info. Thanks for sharing...
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...