Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Favorite Time of Day


My favorite time of day has nothing to do with the weather, the season or the project I'm working on -- it hinges on what wine is in that glass and is there a simple appetizer to accompany it? Most of the flames on Alex's quilt are stitched; there are two small areas to finish in the morning. So when Dan called upstairs to tell me it was "wine time", I decided that I was finished sewing for the day.

In the glass is a 2005 Cabernet Franc from Leona Valley Vineyards, a local winery that is located about a 15 minute drive from us. We're in the wine club and it's fun to go out there a few times a year for the wine "pickup" parties. We pick up our allotted bottles, thus saving on shipping, and get to taste what's new.



I've had a cold for the last few days, so didn't feel like cooking much and, as you know, when you have a cold you can't taste anything anyway! So I cleaned and destemmed a bunch of spinach and tossed it in a 12" skillet with my favorite Lemon Olive Oil from Pasolivo. The skillet was almost full when I started and after sauteing a few minutes, there is hardly anything in there! So I tossed in a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes and let them heat up while I plated some chicken.



Uh-oh! It looks like I am almost out of one of my favorite ingredients in my kitchen -- does this mean there is a trip to Paso Robles in the immediate future? Like maybe Sunday???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...