Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting Ready for the Chicago Quilt Show

Today I made some phone calls to wrap up some last minute details about the Chicago Spring Festival held by Quilts Inc. It will be in the Donald Stephens convention hall in Rosemont, which is next to O'Hare Airport. For information on the show, click here.

I'm pretty excited to be going to this show; I've been to the one in Houston, although not recently, and I was just at the Long Beach show last July, so looking forward to seeing the quilts and vendors here.


Mostly spent the day working, but in the afternoon my hostess Carol and I took a drive to pick up her grandsons from their ceramics class. This is the entrance to Stirling Hall where the boys take their class. There are various arts and crafts classes offered here to both kids and adults through the local parks & recreation department.



I haven't seen the boys since March 2009, so I'm watching the entrance like a hawk to make sure that I get my hugs before they climb in the car.



The daffodils are blooming all around the grounds; great show of color!

















The youngest grandson, Steven, arrived first and was allowed in the car after I got a big hug -- it has been so much fun watching them grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...