Friday, June 17, 2011

Hi Desert Quilt Guild -- Ridgecrest CA

Still sorting through all of these great pictures on my memory card......I visited the Hi Desert Quilt Guild in Ridgecrest CA last November for a few days. I did a lecture and trunk show on the first Thursday evening of the month, then taught the two day Fluff & Stuff workshop on Friday and Saturday. Got home Saturday night and flew out Sunday for a two week trip to Salt Lake City UT, Las Cruces NM and Tucson AZ. I didn't get these up on the blog in a timely manner, but still want to share....


Before the Thursday night meeting, my friend Terry Wojciehowski took me to a home accessories store to see.....














TINKERBELL CARPET! Oh, I SO want that in my sewing room -- and look at all the pretty colors!



After dinner, we went to the meeting -- the banner is very cool and definitely representative of the southern California high desert.

The Block of the Month for this guild is a star variation made in Christmas fabrics!

Here's a closeup of one of the blocks.....


There were many many many Show & Share quilts! I've broken them up into three posts and will run them this weekend. The lady in the blue jacket is the guild president, Maryann. She was holding the mic, helping to hold the quilts -- a Jill of all trades!



























Liked the rose motif quilting on this one...





















Oooo, ooooo -- and a ribbon!



Part 2 of Show & Share to follow in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...