Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hi Desert Quilt Guild -- Ridgecrest CA (Part 3)

These are the last of the Show & Share quilts from the guild meeting -- this is a very prolific group! These are not all of the quilts that were shown; some of the ladies held up their quilts for a very short time and then folded them up before I could get a picture. No need to be modest -- everybody wants to see!








I took a second shot of this one so you could see those dramatic borders!
























I got a lot of pictures of Maryann holding the quilts -- sometimes the quiltmaker just hid behind her quilt! During the Friday/Saturday workshop, I got to spend some time chatting with Maryann; she is one of the funniest people on the planet!


A quilt and Christmas stockings....


And here's a lady with pink and purple streaks in her hair, just like me!

I am so glad that these pictures were on the memory card so you could see them -- this is a great guild! If you happen to be in the High Desert area, the Ridgecrest guild meets on the first Thursday of each month with workshops often taking place on Friday or Saturday or sometimes both! If you are interested in learning more about this guild, leave a comment after this post and I'll put you in touch with one of the guild members.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Paula! I had breakfast with you on our last Quilt Retreat (and stole your look alike camera too, remember?). Love seeing these ladies from my home town and their fantastic work. I have yet to join the guild. Thanks for posting these pictures. It gives me a preview of what Quilt Guild is about. Also, I love the Fluff and Stuff DVD and the Bat Scoots! Can't wait for next retreat. Terri VarnHagen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this, Terri! Just think, you could have had them all to yourself if you hadn't found my camera! Just kidding!!! Thanks again for finding it -- can't believe how much good stuff is on there.

    I'm trying to work my schedule around so that I can go to the next retreat -- we'll see! I still haven't posted the pictures from the last one....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...