Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sunshine Stitches -- Omaha NE

Last week, I traveled to Omaha to teach my two day Fluff & Stuff machine quilting class at Sunshine Stitches.





Sunshine Stitches is in a pretty brick building (all we have is stucco here in SoCal, so brick is really cool!). I knew that they sold both Brother and Pfaff sewing machines -- hmmm...30% off on books....that's a bonus!


I was really impressed by the number of quilts on the walls..





...and all of the beautiful fabrics! When I'm travelling, sometimes I wonder if the same fabrics are available all over the country or if there are regional specialties. Every shop is so different -- of course, there was Nebraska fabric here for college sports fans!



Sunshine Stitches has a very large classroom area -- we had 19 machines and students without the room feeling cramped. I still had plenty of room to be able to wiggle in and get to everybody as they needed help. There were also several very knowledgeable staff members in the room to help with the machines and answer the technical questions.

It was a fun two days! Thanks, Becky & Carol!

If you are in the Omaha area, Sunshine Stitches is definitely worth a stop in -- location is 525 N. 155th Plaza, Omaha NE 68154 (phone: 402-504-1345).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...