Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Last Projects from the Cindy Needham Retreat

Even though I haven’t taken in new customer work for quite a while, I still had a couple of things hanging around.  The first night of the retreat I did some minor quilting in a border of a pictorial quilt and the second day I did some pretty intricate feather work on another quilt.   After that, I got to play with some piecing.

The first one I grabbed was this fun Halloween quilt that I had purchased as a kit at a quilt show a few years ago:



I had done all of the snowball blocks and quite a bit of the piecing for the other blocks, so I got that all finished up.  Here it is on my bedroom floor ready to have the blocks put together.  Unfortunately, my bedroom floor is my biggest open space, so things tend to get laid out there.  It does give me incentive to get it done, though, as I watch Dan skirt around the quilt pieces so he won’t mess them up!



  
LOVE these fabrics!!!!



 


Once I got those blocks done, I started on the last project I had brought.  It was featured in the summer issue of BLOCK Magazine:









It’s a real easy layer cake quilt with sashing that makes friendship stars in each corner.  They did it in patriotic fabrics; I had a jelly roll that was 20 black strips and 20 white ones and a layer cake with a lot of black and white in it, so mine will be different, but still fun and easy.  I’ll have to get that one done fairly soon while I can still buy fabric for the border in one of the prints in the layer cake.  So it’s next up for the bedroom floor space!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Paula, I don't know if you remember me, but I love your work and am glad to see that you have found time to play with some of your own projects! I envy you, as I spend a lot of time this year on customer quilts! (P.S. You probably won't recognize my name, but I am Phyllis' (from the Quilter's Cottage in Kearney, NE) daughter. If you ever get a chance, check out my blog to see what I have been up to! RenaissanceSandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE your blog Sandi! It's super fun and happy!! It's nice to do lots of customer quilts though... you get to bring so much joy to people!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...