Thursday, February 16, 2017

Country Traditions -- Fremont NE

It's no secret that for the past few years most of the southwestern region of our country has been enduring an extended drought. If I was fortunate enough to see rain, snow or a thunderstorm, it was because I had traveled to it. People were kind of puzzled that I got so excited when there was a possibility of weather that didn't involve sunshine. So when I was invited to teach at Country Traditions in February? I could see SNOW!!! I am SO THERE!


Or not. As we landed in Omaha, there was no snow, it's 70 and sunny. Meanwhile, a storm is moving into Southern California tonight and hanging out for the weekend, putting me in the unusual position of traveling away from weather rather than toward it.


I knew of Country Traditions from the Quilt Sampler magazine; the shop has been in three different issues and I think it was on the cover once. The photos are nowhere near the real deal. It's three stories! With 8,000 bolts of fabric and quilts everywhere all the way up to what look like about 14 foot ceilings.


This was a charming display in the front of the store.


Fabrics, quilts on the high walls and the Brother sewing machine section of the store. Country Traditions also carries Pfaff machines.


Love how the brickwork sets off the quilts!


Color everywhere you look!


My personal favorite quilt! The store owner, Leslie, long arm quilted this one -- it's gorgeous!


My workshops, Ruler Play on a Domestic Machine and Ruler Play 2, are on the third floor, affectionately called the "penthouse". I took the above picture looking down from the penthouse to the second floor where Country Traditions can host retreats for 50 quilters! They have retreats every month and several classes going on every week.
I did a lecture and trunk show tonight and one of the ladies was trying to figure out how she was going to attend all three events she was signed up for over the next two days. I think that calls for superior time management skills.
I decided I also appreciated the Nebraskan sense of humor. This was displayed in the parking lot of a business a few blocks from the store:


Can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...