Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Continuing the Presents Quilt

First I'd like to thank all of you who sent me emails and texts wishing me a quick recovery from my cataract surgery last week. (And a big special thanks to Rhonda for the recovery care package including peanut M&Ms!) Eye #1 was a total success with a vision correction lens that allows me to see better than I have in over 20 years! I'm wearing a contact lens in my left eye until that surgery on April 20. So, hooray! All is great on the vision front.

While I was taking it easy at home over the weekend, I finished the hand stitching on the binding and then started quilting the hearts.


Decided on the double hearts -- just enough quilting.
Played more with the ribbons in the bow portion of each block and nothing was working for me.

I drew in one side -- instead of just stitching ribbons on each side of the pieced bow, I decided to stitch a curvy bow and then the ribbon tails. This will work!

I had hoped to finish this by the end of February since I want it to be a Valentine's Day quilt, but end of March is good, right!

What do you think of the bow?



2 comments:

  1. This makes me want chocolate. Did you tie of each set of hearts or crossover at the seam in ribbon? And what about the ribbon? I'm just getting ready to start quilting on my new Dream Machine 15. I will be starting to learn freemotion. I have only done stippling and straight stitch on my Janome till now. Thanks for any suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tied off each set of hearts and did both sides of the bow and ribbon as one unit, tying off at the end of each block. I quilt on a Dream Machine and absolutely love her! Do you live anywhere near a store where I may be teaching? There's a list on the website; it would be cool to meet you and help you learn free motion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...